The following is a list of representative cases. Past results are not intended as a prediction
or guarantee of future success. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.
- Successful prosecution against a large, local commercial bank resulting in a verdict for underlying damages
of approximately $250,000.00 and thereafter tripled and court added attorney fees. Defendant bank appealed, losing
said appeal which resulting in a total recovery of approximately $1,600,000.00. The case was reported in the Massachusetts
Appeals Court Decisions.
- Successful litigation against major United States automotive manufacturer
resulting in substantial seven figure recovery.
- Represented a minor
who was struck by a motor vehicle while waiting for a school bus, resulting in a substantial settlement in excess of $5,000,000.00.
-Successful prosecution of claim by investor against a substantial corporation that resulted in a return of twenty-five
times his investment.
- Successful defense of a claim by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts against
a salvage company that discovered and salvaged millions of dollars worth of treasure from the pirate ship, Whydah off the
coast of Cape Cod. The State made a claim for 25% of the gross value of the treasure which would result in the
salvage company essentially receiving nothing since even though the treasure was estimated to be in excess of $50,000,000.00,
the expenses involved were substantial. To pay the State a gross amount of 25% would have required the sale of the treasure
with the disruption of the historic value of the treasure being a complete collection. The firm tried the case
with the decision from the trial court in the client's favor. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts appealed to
the Massachusetts Appeals Court and thereafter the Supreme Judicial Court of Massachusetts took the case based on its
importance and published a substantial decision affirming the trial court's decision and determining that the State law was
unconstitutional. As a result of the firm's efforts the salvage company kept the entire treasure with no fee to
-Successful prosecution of wage claim on behalf of municipal police department.
- Prosecution against the Massachusetts Department of Social Services for wrongly accusing the firm's client
of abuse, resulting in a substantial verdict against the State, along with a jury indicating on the jury slip that the Department
of Social Services should write a letter of apology to the firm's client.
prosecution of wrongful termination and contract claims on behalf of departing Fortune 500 corporate executive and office.
- Successful defense of 22 plaintiffs toxic tort claim against a Fortune 500 company subsidiary after
a three month trial.
- Local defense counsel for numerous private and publicly traded companies.
- Successful prosecution of a royalties claim on behalf of inventor against large corporation.
- Represented clients in successful divorce resolutions involving marital estates ranging from insolvency to excess
of 10 million dollars.
- Represented businesses on a multitude of transactional services from
general and business contracts to multimillion dollar acquisitions, transfers, and financing.
Represented individuals and businesses on the purchase and/or lease of residential and commercial property valued in the millions